2020 Ford Focus Active Review – Beautiful Urban Crossovers
2020 Ford Focus Active Review – Beautiful Urban Crossovers | he new Ford crossover has a well-characterized exterior look, with a raised trim and an optimized chassis configuration, to offer greater safety and maneuverability, even in the case of rough roads, both on urban and motorway routes.
A rewarding experience thanks to the remarkable feeling of safety and comfort experienced at the wheel, as well as the pleasant handling of the cars that “always go where you set the trajectories, without inertia in the controls”. The setting of Lake Garda in spring is splendid.
The new Ford crossover completes the Active range and joins the Ka +and Fiesta, representing the answer to the new trends that aim at cars that combine the versatility of SUVs with the practicality of compact cars. The 2020 Ford Focus Active is characterized by a raised driving position, an external look well characterized by the black front grille, 17 “alloy wheels with Active design, roof bars and double exhaust, in addition to the interior in fabric with blue finishes, maintaining Focus’s driving dynamics that have always been distinctive. The driving experience behind the wheel is further improved thanks to the Select Mode, which provides the possibility to choose between two new additional modes: Active (for low-grip terrain) and Trail (for dirt roads).
Active – adjusts the ESC stability control and traction control settings for greater safety on hard and slippery surfaces like mud, gravel, grass, water and ice; reduces wheel slippage even at start-up and ensures softer throttle response. and Trail means helps maintain traction on soft surfaces such as sand or fresh snow; limits the activation of the ABS anti-slip system to allow greater wheel slip; configure traction control to allow greater wheel slip to clean the tread from sand, snow or mud and provide a smoother throttle response.
2020 Ford Focus ActiveInterior New Features & technology
The innovative Ford Co-Pilot is the set of the most sophisticated driver assistance technologies ever offered on a Ford, to allow an even more intuitive experience, improving safety and reducing stress. Among the most innovative technologies of the Ford Co-Pilot that also equips the 2020 Ford Focus Active, there are:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Stop & Go supports the car in maintaining the safety distance from the vehicles ahead, to stop and restart automatically.
- Speed Sign Recognition adjusts the speed within the limits by monitoring the signals on the road and the data shared by the navigator.
- Lane-Centring monitors road references to support the driver to stay centered in the lane every time the ACC system is activated.
- Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection is able to detect pedestrians and cyclists on the road or who could cross the trajectory of the vehicle. In the event of a potential collision and a lack of response from the driver, the system automatically activates the brakes even in the case of passing cyclists and in the case of night driving, using the headlight light.
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (adaptive full LED headlights) is able to pre-adjust the headlight illumination for maximum visibility, before reaching a bend, an intersection or a roundabout, reading, for the first time, the information on the sign road.
- Active Park Assist Upgrade allows fully automated maneuvers, both in parallel and perpendicular, with the push of a button. The system, in combination with Ford’s new 8-speed automatic transmission, identifies adequate parking spaces, while the driver can control vehicle movement simply by selecting the neutral gear and keeping the button in the center of the console pressed. The vehicle completely controls the car, moving forward or in reverse, accelerating and braking. This technology can also facilitate parallel parking exits using the Park-out Assist function.
- Head-up display (HUD), for the first time integrated on board a car destined for the European market, to help drivers maintain constant attention on the road ahead.
- Evasive Steering Assist to reduce the risk of any collisions resulting from vehicles that are slow or unexpectedly present on the road.
The 2020 Ford Focus Active is equipped with the integrated FordPass Connect modem for moving connectivity, wireless charging pad, SYNC 3 with 8 “touchscreen and B&O premium audio system .
The integrated FordPass Connect modem, transforming the vehicle into a Wi-Fi hotspot device with available connectivity up to a maximum of 10 devices. In addition to helping drivers plan faster and more relaxing journeys thanks to Live Traffic updates available on the navigation system and offer passengers the opportunity to enjoy online entertainment channels while traveling, FordPass Connect provides a number of features through the ‘FordPass app, including:
- Vehicle Locator: helps you find your car in the intricate shopping center parking lots
- Vehicle Status: provides information on fuel, oil and anti-theft system levels
- DoorLockUnlock: allows remote access to the car or RemoteStart
In addition, the new wireless charging pad, which automatically detects compact devices, helps drivers stay connected while traveling and allows passengers to easily recharge their smartphones. The devices remain connected to the Ford SYNC 3 communication and entertainment system via Bluetooth even while they are charging.
1.0, 3 cylinders in line, EcoBoost, Turbo Gasoline, transverse, 4 valves, with power ratings of 100 and 125hp
1.5 and 2.0, 4-cylinder in-line, EcoBlue, Turbo Diesel, 95/120 / 150hp,
Transmission. Both of gasoline on diesel manual to 6-speed or automatic traditional 8 reports (on all except 1.5 ecoblue, 95Hp) Ford production.
Driver assistance technologies
- Active Park Assist Upgrade with Park-Out Assist
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Speed Sign Recognition and Lane-Centring
- Adaptive Front Lighting System with Predictive Curve Light and Sign-based Light
- Adjustable Speed Limiter
- Auto High Beam
- Blind Spot Information System
- Cross Traffic Alert with Active Braking
- Driver Alert
- Evasive Steering Assist
- Forward Collision Warning
- Front and Rear Park Aid
- Glare-free high beam
- Head-up display HUD
- Hill Launch Assist
- Intelligent Speed Limiter
2020 Ford Focus Active Performance
Max.Max / 0-100 (in brackets automatic versions)
– 5 Doors
100hp: 186km / h 12.1 ″
125hp: 200km / h (195) 10.0 ″ (11.1 ″)
95 hp: 183Km / h 11.4 ″
120hp: 196Km / h (193) 10.0 ″ (10.2 ″)
150hp: 210Km / h (207) 8.5 ″ (9.3 ″)
– Station Wagon
100hp: 184Km / h 12.5 ″
125hp: 198Km / h (193) 10.3 ″ (11.4 ″)
95hp: 181Km / h 11.8 ″
120hp: 194Km / h (191) 10.3 ″ (10.5 ″)
150hp: 208Km / h (205) 8.7 ″ (9.5 ″)